Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV S2
Purchased in 2006 the owner enjoyed the car until the end of 2012 then decided to restore.
Panel and paint by the team at All Classic Car Restorations.
Engine components supplied by Vin Sharp at Pace Engineering.
Stainless repairs by Indian Automotive.
Seat restoration by Bruce Hall. Headlining, sun visors and a-pillar upholstery by East Coast Trim.
Parts and advice from Tony and Edith McKone, Classic Alfa and Alfaholics.
Expert direction and engine assembly by The Classic Speed Shop. Much of the dismantling, cleaning and assembly other than the above completed by the owner. This is a bare metal restoration except for sections of the undercarriage. If it has not been dipped, cleaned, bead blasted, zinc plated etc. it has been replaced with new parts.
- Engine features:
- Hydroblasted engine/cylinder head housings
- Fast road/track 1750 performance ported cylinder head
- Oversize race spec inlet valves
- Stainless steel race spec exhaust valves
- Ceramic coated fast road/track extractors and custom 2 1/2˝ stainless exhaust system
- Race spec valve springs and billet camshafts profiled to suit
- Performance prepared con-rod set – resized, aligned, polished, shot peened. Fully balanced rotating assembly
- Performance prepared 1750 crankshaft assembly, nitrided, polished, drilled, cleaned and plugged
- Hand prepared engine bearing set
- Forged 0.030˝ oversize 1750 performance piston set (10:4:1 comp ratio)
- Machined 0.060˝ oversize engine sleeve set
- Race timing chain set
- Race gasket set including head gasket
- Weber 40’s rebuilt with 35mm chokes and jetted to suit
- Aluminium flywheel assembly
- Custom MSD ignition lead set
- New 1750 Billet aluminium flywheel
- Custom wrinkle coat rocker cover